Fellowships and Financial Support For M.Tech
At IIITD it is our constant endeavour to attract meritorious students and ensure that meritorious students get access to highest quality of education independent of their financial capability. To enable this a large number of Merit Fellowships have been instituted.
A large number of admitted foreign students can get fellowship upto 100% of Tuition Fee. Fellowships equivalent to 75%, 50% and 25% Tuition Fees are given to other meritorious students.
Continuation Of Fellowships
- After the first year of admission, the eligibility of the students for fellowship will be reviewed at the beginning of every semester.
- A student will be eligible for merit fellowship only if he/she meets certain criteria of academic performance. These would be linked to the median performance of the entire batch of students admitted in the same year in the same program.
- The fellowship can continue at maximum until the normal duration of the program (2 years for the M.Tech. program). If the student is required to stay longer than this to complete the academic requirements, he/ she is expected to pay the regular international fee.
Other means of Financial Support available at IIIT Delhi
- IIIT Delhi also offers Teaching Assistant positions to students who perform well in academics and have good communication skills.
- To further augment the financial aid, a student can qualify the English/ Communication skills test at IIIT and be considered for support as a TA. Level of TA support will be the same as for Indian students and is revised on a regular basis. At present this support is of the order of Rs.12400/- per month.
- In addition to TA support, the institute also offers summer internship positions with faculty members on their projects. The student may apply to be considered for the same. The amount of support and eligibility is dependent on the internship position offered and is decided by the faculty offering this internship.